The Aromatherapy Course is designed for students who wish to gain an understanding of principles and practice of Aromatherapy Healing techniques. The home study courses are designed for study by distance learning at work or at home. Students receive a course manual, assignments and study guide plus tutor support by mail and email. You can start at any time and plan your studies over a period of up to one year from the time of registration.
The Objectives of the home study courses are to:
- Introduce the development and practice of aromatherapy from its origins to modern day use and application.
- Explain the chemical composition of carrier oils used in aromatherapy treatments.
- Investigate the extraction use and effect of essential oils.
- Demonstrate the importance of the sense of smell to aromatherapy treatments.
- Explain the limitations, contra indications and toxicities associated wit essential oils.
- Present guidelines for the use of essential oils.
- Demonstrate methods of application and use of essential oils.
- Explain a range of complimentary therapies commonly use in conjunction with aromatherapy
- Unit 1: Introduction to Aromatherapy
- Unit 2: History of Aromatherapy
- Unit 3: Chemical Compounds in Essential Oils
- Unit 4: What are Essential Oils?
- Unit 5: The Power of Smell
- Unit 6: Cautions
- Unit 7: Carrier Oils
- Unit 8: Applying Carrier Oils
- Unit 9: Massage
- Unit 10: Symptoms
- Unit 11: Common Essential Oils
- Unit 12: Introduction to Other Alternative Therapies
There are no prerequisites for starting this course.
Students may register at any time and have a full year to complete their studies. The home study courses will take approximately 100 hours of study to complete.
Once you have enrolled, you will have access to your own personal tutor by mail or email. You will receive full tutor support for a 12 month period.
This home study course is designed for personal development and is not externally accredited. Students who successfully complete the series of assignments will receive a Distance Learning certificate of completion.