- Demonstrate advanced uses of the canvas element
- Validate HTML5 code
- Identify ways to determine browser compatibility for a page or device
- Implement HTML5 forms
- Use CSS3 to shape content on the page
- Design for mobile devices
- Implement HTML5 APIs
- Design pages for a cloud-based store front
This course is part of the CIW Web and Mobile Design Professional Series and prepares you to take the CIW ID0-620 exam.
The CIW Advanced HTML5 & CSS3 Specialist Course includes the following items:
- One year License to the official CIW 1D0-620 Advanced HTML5 & CSS3 Specialist online course materials. This includes: Pre-Assessment, Exercises, Quizes and Flashcards, Videos, and Practice Exams.
- A hard-copy of the official CIW course book covering the full CIW Advanced HTML5 & CSS3 Specialist 1D0-620 syllabus. (Delivered within 5-10 working days).
- CIW Live Labs
- An optional PSI Online Exam Voucher to cover the cost of your CIW Exam (£120.00).
Distance Learning Centre is proud to be an authorised training partner for CIW course materials and we offer the official Certified Internet Webmaster (CIW) self study courses.
This course is one of seven titles that will make up the CIW Web and Mobile Design Professional Series of qualifications. Each course represents an individual CIW exam:
- CIW Advanced HTML5 and CSS3 Specialist (Available)
- CIW User Interface Design Specialist (Available)
- CIW Data Analyst (Avaialble)
- CIW Social Media Strategy Specialist (Available)
- CIW Mobile Applications (Date to be Confirmed)
- CIW E-Commerce Specialist (Date to be Confirmed)
- CIW Multimedia Specialist (Date to be Confirmed)
- Unit 1: HTML5 Essentials
- Unit 2: Using Cascading Style Sheets (CSS) Technology
- Unit 3: Introduction to CSS Version 3 (CSS3)
- Unit 4: Using Advanced CSS3 Techniques
- Unit 7: Using HTML5 APIs
- Unit 8: Developing HTML5 Forms
- Unit 9: Completing, Submitting and Validating User Input Forms
- Unit 10: Designing for Mobile Devices
Images and Mobile Design; Validating and Testing Mobile Web
Pages; and Responsive Web Design.
- Exercises, Quizzes and Flashcards
Each lesson comes with Exercises, Flashcards & Quizzes. There is no limit to the number of times learners can attempt these. Exercises come with detailed remediation, which ensures that learners are confident on the topic before proceeding. Flashcards help master the key concepts while the Glossary defines the key terms. There are over 800 unique questions including pre-assessment, quizzes, exercises, and post assessment.
- Videos and How To:
The course includes videos to help understand concepts. It also includes How Tos that help learners in accomplishing certain tasks.
- Practice Tests
The CIW Practice tests are full length tests that closely follow the exam objectives and are designed to simulate real exam conditions. Each course has a number of test sets consisting of hundreds of items to ensure that learners are prepared for the certification exam.
Practic Test Features:
- Full Remediation: Each question comes with detailed remediation explaining not only why an answer option is correct, but also why it is incorrect.
- Unlimited Practice: Each test can be taken an unlimited number of times until the learner feels they are prepared. Learners can review the test and read detailed remediation. Detailed test history is also available.
- Learn, Test and Review Mode: Each test set comes with learn, test and review modes. In learn mode, learners will attempt a question and will get immediate feedback and complete remediation as they move on to the next question. In test mode, learners can take a timed test simulating the actual exam conditions. In review mode, learners can read through one item at a time without attempting it.
Please Note – Digital Course Materials: As the Official CIW Course Materials are a digital license, we cannot offer refunds once the access code has been issued to students. We advise students access a Free Trial of the course content from our Online Portal prior to purchase to make sure you are happy with the format and course content. Extensions for the online content can be purchased if you need to extend your studies. We will email students prior to their access expiring to see if they require a 3 or 6 month extension.
Live Labs gives access to a real computer equipment, networked together and conveniently accessible over the internet. The Live Labs have equipment such as a computer, server, switch or router in it so that a user is free to configure.
The benefits of live-labs are:
- Exam based practical tasks
- Real equipment, absolutely no simulations
- Access to the latest industry technologies
- Available anytime, anywhere on any device
- Break and Reset functionality
- No hardware costs
PSI Testing is a remote video proctoring service and allows you to take CIW exams from the comfort of your own home or office. The system requires an active webcam and stable high speed Internet connection. A live proctor will visually monitor the student and the exam during the entire testing session, so there is no need to attned an exam centre.
Before taking this course, students should have completed the CIW Site Development Associate section of the CIW Web Foundations series or an equivalent beginners HTML and CSS course such as the Webmaster: HTML and CSS – Level 3 Course.
You can register at any time and have 12 months to complete the course. The course is designed as a self-study course, but if you have any problems you can email our support email service. As the course is self-study you can complete in as little or as long a time as you prefer.
Extensions are available for students who don’t complete the course within the 12-month license at £90.00 for 3 months or £200.00 for 12 months.
On Completion of this curriculum, students can apply for the internationally recognised CIW Advanced HTML5 and CSS3 Specialist 1D0-620 Examination. The exam consists of 55 questions over 75 minutes and the passing score is 72.73%.
CIW exams are completed via the PSI Remote testing system or through Pearson Vue testing centres.