The CIW Data Analyst Course will teach students how to use data to analyse all aspects of a company’s operation and make appropriate business decisions. It covers how to compare and contrast structured and unstructured data and you will teach how to deploy tools for capturing and analysing data, including Hadoop, R Project, and custom database solutions.
The course also shows how to understand the information using the data obtained from new and traditional data sources, including Web and social media logs, marketing, sales, technical support, and customer relations and you will also learn how to determine relationships between organisational efforts and business outcomes. Finally, students will study the ways to capture and represent data, including creating dashboards, executive summaries, reports and charts, using both traditional and Web-based tools.
In the course students will learn how to identify typical sources of institutional knowledge, including Customer Relationship Management (CRM) applications, inventory management systems, transaction data, social media, marketing sources, industry systems. Students will compare and contrast structured and unstructured data in order to summarize how data can drive business decisions. The course also covers specific tactics for working with cloud-based data, including cloud-native data, migrating data to or from the cloud, backup procedures, security issues, and user training. Students will learn ways to determine relationships between organizational efforts and business outcomes, extrapolate information using data obtained from new and traditional data sources, and ways to analyze and represent data. Students will also learn how ethics and security are vital parts of a Data Analyst’s responsibilities. The Data Analyst can compile the data from many sources, prepare and deliver an objective and unbiased presentation.
The course teaches the following skills:
- Identify typical sources of institutional knowledge, including Customer Relationship Management (CRM) applications, transaction data, social media, marketing sources
- Compare and contrast structured and unstructured data
- Deploy specific tactics for working with cloud-based data, including cloud-native data, migrating data to or from the cloud
- Summarise ways that data is used to drive business decisions
- Deploy tools for capturing and analysing data, including Hadoop, R Project, and custom database applications
- Extrapolate information using data obtained from new and traditional data sources, including Web and social media logs, marketing, sales, technical support, customer relations
- Determine relationships between organizational efforts and business outcomes
- Identify ways to capture and represent data, including creating dashboards (e.g. executive summaries), creating reports and charts, using traditional and Web-based tools
The CIW Data Analyst Course Course includes the following items:
- One year License to the official CIW 1D0-622 Data Analyst online course materials. This includes: Pre-Assessment, Exercises, Quizes and Flashcards, Videos, and Practice Exams
- A hard-copy of the official CIW course book covering the full CIW Data Analyst 1D0-622 syllabus. (Delivered within 5-10 working days)
- CIW Live Labs
- An optional PSI Online Exam Voucher to cover the cost of your CIW Exam (£120.00)
Distance Learning Centre is proud to be an authorised training partner for CIW course materials and we offer the official Certified Internet Webmaster (CIW) self study courses.
This course is one of seven titles that will make up the CIW Web and Mobile Design Professional Series of qualifications. Each course represents an individual CIW exam:
- CIW Advanced HTML5 and CSS3 Specialist (Available)
- CIW User Interface Design Specialist (Available)
- CIW Data Analyst (Avaialble)
- CIW Social Media Strategy Specialist (Available)
- CIW Mobile Applications (Date to be Confirmed)
- CIW E-Commerce Specialist (Date to be Confirmed)
- CIW Multimedia Specialist (Date to be Confirmed)
- Unit 1: Fundamentals of Data Analysis
- Unit 2: Introduction to Big Data
- Unit 3: Working with Data Sources
- Unit 4: Tools for Capturing and Analyzing Data
- Unit 5: Analyzing and Reporting Data
- Exercises, Quizzes and Flashcards
Each lesson comes with Exercises, Flashcards & Quizzes. There is no limit to the number of times learners can attempt these. Exercises come with detailed remediation, which ensures that learners are confident on the topic before proceeding. Flashcards help master the key concepts while the Glossary defines the key terms. There are over 800 unique questions including pre-assessment, quizzes, exercises, and post assessment.
- Videos and How To:
The course includes videos to help understand concepts. It also includes How Tos that help learners in accomplishing certain tasks.
- Practice Tests
The CIW Practice tests are full length tests that closely follow the exam objectives and are designed to simulate real exam conditions. Each course has a number of test sets consisting of hundreds of items to ensure that learners are prepared for the certification exam.
Practic Test Features:
- Full Remediation: Each question comes with detailed remediation explaining not only why an answer option is correct, but also why it is incorrect.
- Unlimited Practice: Each test can be taken an unlimited number of times until the learner feels they are prepared. Learners can review the test and read detailed remediation. Detailed test history is also available.
- Learn, Test and Review Mode: Each test set comes with learn, test and review modes. In learn mode, learners will attempt a question and will get immediate feedback and complete remediation as they move on to the next question. In test mode, learners can take a timed test simulating the actual exam conditions. In review mode, learners can read through one item at a time without attempting it.
Please Note – Digital Course Materials: As the Official CIW Course Materials are a digital license, we cannot offer refunds once the access code has been issued to students. We advise students access a Free Trial of the course content from our Online Portal prior to purchase to make sure you are happy with the format and course content. Extensions for the online content can be purchased if you need to extend your studies. We will email students prior to their access expiring to see if they require a 3 or 6 month extension.
Live Labs gives access to a real computer equipment, networked together and conveniently accessible over the internet. The Live Labs have equipment such as a computer, server, switch or router in it so that a user is free to configure.
The benefits of live-labs are:
- Exam based practical tasks
- Real equipment, absolutely no simulations
- Access to the latest industry technologies
- Available anytime, anywhere on any device
- Break and Reset functionality
- No hardware costs
PSI Testing is a remote video proctoring service and allows you to take CIW exams from the comfort of your own home or office. The system requires an active webcam and stable high speed Internet connection. A live proctor will visually monitor the student and the exam during the entire testing session, so there is no need to attned an exam centre.
The CIW Data Analyst Course requires an understanding of spreadsheets, databases, business processes, web sites and coding. Suggested prerequisites are the CIW Internet Business Associate, CIW Site Development Associate, CIW Advanced HTML5 & CSS3 Specialist course, and CIW User Interface Designer, or equivalent knowledge.
You can register at any time and have 12 months to complete the course. The course is designed as a self-study course, but if you have any problems you can email our support email service. As the course is self-study you can complete in as little or as long a time as you prefer.
Extensions are available for students who don’t complete the course within the 12-month license at £90.00 for 3 months or £200.00 for 12 months.
On Completion of this curriculum, students can apply for the internationally recognised CIW Data Analyst 1D0-622 Examination. The exam consists of 48 questions over 75 minutes and the passing score is 75%.
CIW exams are completed via the PSI Remote testing system or through Pearson Vue testing centres.