The CIW E-Commerce Specialist Course is designed for students who already have an understanding of web technologies and want to gain a good understanding of e-commerce practices and site design.
To be a member of a web or marketing team it is important to have a good working knowledge of e-commerce standards and this course will teach students how to conduct business online and manage the technical issues associated with constructing an e-commerce website. You will also learn about the similarities and differences between traditional and electronic commerce, and you will explore e-commerce technologies at various levels of sophistication.
CIW Web Design Professional SeriesThe CIW E-Commerce Specialist course prepares candidates to take the CIW ID0-525 exam. Students who pass the CIW E-Commerce Specialist and the CIW Web Design Specialist certification will also earn the advanced CIW Web Design Professional certification.
Students with little or no background in Web design should consider starting with the CIW Web Foundations Associate or the CIW Site Development Foundations.
The E-Commerce Strategies and Practices course is for the individual who already understands the foundations of Web technologies and wants to become proficient in e-commerce practices and site design. To stand out as an increasingly valuable member of a Web or marketing team, you need a working knowledge of e-commerce standards.
The official CIW Self Study Course books cover the complete syllabus for the exams and teach in-depth knowledge and skills with easily digestible narrative and hands-on labs. Supplemental files are included online which will be used in conjunction with your study. An Exam Study Guide provides condensed study material on the specific skills objectives you need to master for the exams.
- E-commerce site development, including ways to conduct business online and manage the technical issues associated with constructing an e-commerce Web site.
- E-commerce technology and security, including e-commerce technologies at various levels of sophistication, Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software, and practices for securing your online transactions as well as your customers’ personal information.
- E-commerce business, marketing and legal issues, including Web marketing strategies, online product promotion, and legal topics such as taxation and international shipping.
The CIW E-Commerce Specialist Course includes the following items:
- One year License to the official CIW 1D0-525 E-Commerce Specialist online course materials. This includes: Pre-Assessment, Exercises, Quizes and Flashcards, Videos, and Practice Exams.
- A hard-copy of the official CIW course book covering the full CIW E-Commerce Specialist 1D0-525 syllabus. (Delivered within 5-10 working days).
- Option CIW Live Labs
- An optional PSI Online Exam Voucher to cover the cost of your CIW Exam (£120.00).
Please Note: This is an older syllabus and although the exam is still available, it is likely to be retired soon. CIW are planning an updated E-Commerce Course and Exam which will be part of the newer Web and Mobile Design Professional Series of courses.
- Exercises, Quizzes and Flashcards
Each lesson comes with Exercises, Flashcards & Quizzes. There is no limit to the number of times learners can attempt these. Exercises come with detailed remediation, which ensures that learners are confident on the topic before proceeding. Flashcards help master the key concepts while the Glossary defines the key terms. There are over 800 unique questions including pre-assessment, quizzes, exercises, and post assessment.
- Videos and How To:
The course includes videos to help understand concepts. It also includes How Tos that help learners in accomplishing certain tasks.
- Practice Tests
The CIW Practice tests are full length tests that closely follow the exam objectives and are designed to simulate real exam conditions. Each course has a number of test sets consisting of hundreds of items to ensure that learners are prepared for the certification exam.
Practic Test Features:
- Full Remediation: Each question comes with detailed remediation explaining not only why an answer option is correct, but also why it is incorrect.
- Unlimited Practice: Each test can be taken an unlimited number of times until the learner feels they are prepared. Learners can review the test and read detailed remediation. Detailed test history is also available.
- Learn, Test and Review Mode: Each test set comes with learn, test and review modes. In learn mode, learners will attempt a question and will get immediate feedback and complete remediation as they move on to the next question. In test mode, learners can take a timed test simulating the actual exam conditions. In review mode, learners can read through one item at a time without attempting it.
Please Note – Digital Course Materials: As the Official CIW Course Materials are a digital license, we cannot offer refunds once the access code has been issued to students. We advise students access a Free Trial of the course content from our Online Portal prior to purchase to make sure you are happy with the format and course content. Extensions for the online content can be purchased if you need to extend your studies. We will email students prior to their access expiring to see if they require a 3 or 6 month extension.
Live Labs gives access to a real computer equipment, networked together and conveniently accessible over the internet. The Live Labs have equipment such as a computer, server, switch or router in it so that a user is free to configure.
The benefits of live-labs are:
- Exam based practical tasks
- Real equipment, absolutely no simulations
- Access to the latest industry technologies
- Available anytime, anywhere on any device
- Break and Reset functionality
- No hardware costs
PSI Testing is a remote video proctoring service and allows you to take CIW exams from the comfort of your own home or office. The system requires an active webcam and stable high speed Internet connection. A live proctor will visually monitor the student and the exam during the entire testing session, so there is no need to attned an exam centre.
We recommend a good knowledge of IT, computers and Internet/Email use. The course does not have any pre-requisites although we do recommend completing the CIW Foundations Associate Course, CIW Site Development Foundations Course or an equivalent beginners HTML and CSS course to learn the basics of Web site authoring and development.
You can register at any time and have 12 months to complete the course. The course is designed as a self-study course, but if you have any problems you can email our support email service. As the course is self-study you can complete in as little or as long a time as you prefer.
Extensions are available for students who don’t complete the course within the 12-month license at £90.00 for 3 months or £200.00 for 12 months.
On Completion of this curriculum, you can apply for the internationally recognised CIW E-Commerce Specialist 1D0-525 Examination.The exams consists of 72 multiple choice/multiple answer questions over 75 minutes and the passing score is 68%.
CIW exams are completed via the PSI Remote testing system or through Pearson Vue testing centres.