The CIW Perl Specialist Course focuses on the fundamental concepts of the Perl programming language. In this course, you will learn the basic syntax and control structures needed to write Perl scripts. Topics such as data types, flow control, arrays and hashes, regular expressions, and subroutines will be discussed. You will learn how to interact with text files and how to access command line arguments and environment variables. You will also learn about packages and modules, and you will be introduced to database connectivity using Perl. Finally, you will receive an overview about debugging Perl scripts.
The CIW Perl Specialist Course teaches developers how to fully use the features of the Perl programming language in Web application development. These specialised Web language skills can help you begin or grow a career in advanced Web development and technologies.
- Perl language essentials, including syntax, regular expressions and data types
- Perl code development, including accessing and manipulating files
- Web site implementation, including database connectivity and debugging techniques
The CIW Perl Specialist Course includes the following items:
- One year License to the official CIW 1D0-437 Perl Specialist online course materials. This includes: Pre-Assessment, Exercises, Quizes and Flashcards, Videos, and Practice Exams.
- A hard-copy of the official CIW course book covering the full CIW Perl Specialist 1D0-437 syllabus. (Delivered within 5-10 working days).
- An optional PSI Online Exam Voucher to cover the cost of your CIW Exam (£120.00).
Distance Learning Centre is proud to be an authorised training partner for CIW course materials and we offer the official Certified Internet Webmaster (CIW) self study courses.
This course is one of three titles that makes up the CIW Web Development Professional Series of qualifications. Each course represents an individual CIW exam:
- CIW Perl Specialist
- CIW Database Design Specialist
- Unit 1: Introduction to Perl
- Unit 2: Flow Control in Perl
- Unit 3: Regular Expressions in Perl
- Unit 4: Arrays in Perl
- Unit 5: Hashes in Perl
- Unit 6: Subroutines in Perl
- Unit 7: File Input and Output
- Unit 8: Environment Variables and Command Line Arguments
- Unit 9: Packages and Modules in Perl
- Unit 10: Object-Oriented Perl
- Unit 11: Database Connectivity and Perl
- Unit 12: Debugging Perl Programs
- Exercises, Quizzes and Flashcards
Each lesson comes with Exercises, Flashcards & Quizzes. There is no limit to the number of times learners can attempt these. Exercises come with detailed remediation, which ensures that learners are confident on the topic before proceeding. Flashcards help master the key concepts while the Glossary defines the key terms. There are over 800 unique questions including pre-assessment, quizzes, exercises, and post assessment.
- Videos and How To:
The course includes videos to help understand concepts. It also includes How Tos that help learners in accomplishing certain tasks.
- Practice Tests
The CIW Practice tests are full length tests that closely follow the exam objectives and are designed to simulate real exam conditions. Each course has a number of test sets consisting of hundreds of items to ensure that learners are prepared for the certification exam.
Practic Test Features:
- Full Remediation: Each question comes with detailed remediation explaining not only why an answer option is correct, but also why it is incorrect.
- Unlimited Practice: Each test can be taken an unlimited number of times until the learner feels they are prepared. Learners can review the test and read detailed remediation. Detailed test history is also available.
- Learn, Test and Review Mode: Each test set comes with learn, test and review modes. In learn mode, learners will attempt a question and will get immediate feedback and complete remediation as they move on to the next question. In test mode, learners can take a timed test simulating the actual exam conditions. In review mode, learners can read through one item at a time without attempting it.
Please Note – Digital Course Materials: As the Official CIW Course Materials are a digital license, we cannot offer refunds once the access code has been issued to students. We advise students access a Free Trial of the course content from our Online Portal prior to purchase to make sure you are happy with the format and course content. Extensions for the online content can be purchased if you need to extend your studies. We will email students prior to their access expiring to see if they require a 3 or 6 month extension.
PSI Testing is a remote video proctoring service and allows you to take CIW exams from the comfort of your own home or office. The system requires an active webcam and stable high speed Internet connection. A live proctor will visually monitor the student and the exam during the entire testing session, so there is no need to attned an exam centre.
You can register at any time and have 12 months to complete the course. The course is designed as a self-study course, but if you have any problems you can email our support email service. As the course is self-study you can complete in as little or as long a time as you prefer.
Extensions are available for students who don’t complete the course within the 12-month license at £90.00 for 3 months or £200.00 for 12 months.
On Completion of this curriculum, you can apply for the internationally recognised CIW Perl Specialist 1D0-437 Examination. The CIW Perl Specialist exam consists of 50 multiple choice/multiple answer questions over 75 minutes and the passing score is 75%.
CIW exams are completed via the PSI Remote testing system or through Pearson Vue testing centres.