The CIW Social Media Strategy Specialist Course focuses on the use of social media in business and teaches students how to create social media campaigns, and how you can analyse and present data in order to address organisational issues and make appropriate business decisions. This course will also cover the foundations of social media technologies, communication methods and how to engage consumers using various tools.
This course starts with the fundamentals of social media technologies and looks at the communication methods used and how you can engage consumers using various tools. The course will focus on how social media is used in a corporate settings, and how you can use social media to boost brand awareness and achieve your desired goals. Students will also learn how to build social media strategies and tactics, build and manage campaigns, and develop social media content. The course will cover the main social media platforms and will look at how and when to utilise each platform. You will also learn how to plan, develop, promote, deliver, present, and analyse social media activities and will learn about how risks, reputation, crisis response, advertising and promoting are managed and maintained. Finally, the course will also teach you how metrics, analytics, reporting and social media optimisation drive business goals and strategies.
- Explain business uses of social media.
- Identify steps involved in a creating successful social media campaign.
- Discuss crowdsourcing and crowdshaping strategies.
- Identify strategies and tactics for creating and using folksonomies.
- Summarize and deploy typical social media metrics.
- Explain the concept of gamification in relation to social media, including peer-based endorsements.
- Identify and use tactics for gathering and analysing data.
- Explain specific user-tracking techniques.
- Track virtual and brick-and-mortar business using social media and Web technologies.
- Explain and interpret data reuse strategies.
- Create reports about strengths and deficiencies of existing social media strategies.
This course is part of the new CIW Web and Mobile Design Professional Series and prepares you to take the CIW ID0-623 exam.
The CIW Social Media Strategy Specialist Course includes the following items:
- One year License to the official CIW 1D0-623 CIW Social Media Strategy Specialist online course materials. This includes: Pre-Assessment, Exercises, Quizes and Flashcards, Videos, and Practice Exams.
- A hard-copy of the official CIW course book covering the full CIW Social Media Strategy Specialist 1D0-623 syllabus. (Delivered within 5-10 working days).
- An optional PSI Online Exam Voucher to cover the cost of your CIW Exam (£120.00).
Distance Learning Centre is proud to be an authorised training partner for CIW course materials and we offer the official Certified Internet Webmaster (CIW) self study courses.
This course is one of seven titles that will make up the CIW Web and Mobile Design Professional Series of qualifications. Each course represents an individual CIW exam:
- CIW Advanced HTML5 and CSS3 Specialist (Available)
- CIW User Interface Design Specialist (Available)
- CIW Data Analyst (Avaialble)
- CIW Social Media Strategy Specialist (Available)
- CIW Mobile Applications (Date to be Confirmed)
- CIW E-Commerce Specialist (Date to be Confirmed)
- CIW Multimedia Specialist (Date to be Confirmed)
- Unit 1: Introduction to Social Media
- Unit 2: Using Social Media in Business
- Unit 3: Developing a Social Media Strategy
- Unit 4: Creating a Social Media Campaign
- Unit 5: Social Media Platforms
- Unit 6: Presentations and Business Blogs
- Unit 7: Risks, Reputation, and Crisis Response
- Unit 8: Social Media Advertising
- Unit 9: Social Media Metrics and Analytics
- Exercises, Quizzes and Flashcards
Each lesson comes with Exercises, Flashcards & Quizzes. There is no limit to the number of times learners can attempt these. Exercises come with detailed remediation, which ensures that learners are confident on the topic before proceeding. Flashcards help master the key concepts while the Glossary defines the key terms. There are over 800 unique questions including pre-assessment, quizzes, exercises, and post assessment.
- Videos and How To:
The course includes videos to help understand concepts. It also includes How Tos that help learners in accomplishing certain tasks.
- Practice Tests
The CIW Practice tests are full length tests that closely follow the exam objectives and are designed to simulate real exam conditions. Each course has a number of test sets consisting of hundreds of items to ensure that learners are prepared for the certification exam.
Practic Test Features:
- Full Remediation: Each question comes with detailed remediation explaining not only why an answer option is correct, but also why it is incorrect.
- Unlimited Practice: Each test can be taken an unlimited number of times until the learner feels they are prepared. Learners can review the test and read detailed remediation. Detailed test history is also available.
- Learn, Test and Review Mode: Each test set comes with learn, test and review modes. In learn mode, learners will attempt a question and will get immediate feedback and complete remediation as they move on to the next question. In test mode, learners can take a timed test simulating the actual exam conditions. In review mode, learners can read through one item at a time without attempting it.
Please Note – Digital Course Materials: As the Official CIW Course Materials are a digital license, we cannot offer refunds once the access code has been issued to students. We advise students access a Free Trial of the course content from our Online Portal prior to purchase to make sure you are happy with the format and course content. Extensions for the online content can be purchased if you need to extend your studies. We will email students prior to their access expiring to see if they require a 3 or 6 month extension.
PSI Testing is a remote video proctoring service and allows you to take CIW exams from the comfort of your own home or office. The system requires an active webcam and stable high speed Internet connection. A live proctor will visually monitor the student and the exam during the entire testing session, so there is no need to attned an exam centre.
The CIW Social Media Strategist courseware requires an understanding of how internet technologies are used in business, HTML5 and CSS3 coding, and user experience development. Suggested prerequisites are the CIW Web Foundations Associate Course, the CIW Advanced HTML5 & CSS3 Specialist course and the CIW User Interface Designer course, or equivalent knowledge.
You can register at any time and have 12 months to complete the course. The course is designed as a self-study course, but if you have any problems you can email our support email service. As the course is self-study you can complete in as little or as long a time as you prefer.
Extensions are available for students who don’t complete the course within the 12-month license at £90.00 for 3 months or £200.00 for 12 months.
On Completion of this curriculum, students can apply for the internationally recognised CIW Social Media Strategy Specialist 1D0-623 Examination. The exam consists of 55 questions over 90 minutes and the passing score is 76.36%.
CIW exams are completed via the PSI Remote testing system or through Pearson Vue testing centres.