The CIW Web Security Associate Course teaches about Network Security and Firewalls and how to secure your network from unauthorised activity. This course teaches you about security principles, such as establishing an effective security policy, and about the different types of hacker activities that you are most likely to encounter. Individuals with these security skills can pursue or advance careers in many aspects of online and network security.
The CIW Web Security series is for those who configure, manage and deploy e-business solutions servers, and implement e-business and network security solutions. This series offers three levels of credential to recognise the achievements of those who have also attained levels of proficiency in networking administration and now want to validate and prove their competencies in security.
- Corporate network security policies.
- Authentication procedures, encryption standards and implementations.
- Ports and protocols that hackers manipulate.
- Proactive detection and response/reporting methods.
- Preventing and managing hacker penetration.
The CIW Web Security Associate Course includes the following items:
- One year License to the official CIW 1D0-571 Web Security Associate online course materials. This includes: Pre-Assessment, Exercises, Quizes and Flashcards, Videos, and Practice Exams.
- A hard-copy of the official CIW course book covering the full CIW Web Security Associate 1D0-571 syllabus. (Delivered within 5-10 working days).
- CIW Live Labs
- An optional PSI Online Exam Voucher to cover the cost of your CIW Exam (£120.00).
Distance Learning Centre is proud to be an authorised training partner for CIW course materials and we offer the official Certified Internet Webmaster (CIW) self study courses.
CIW Web Security Series:
The CIW Web Security series has three possible certifications. A candidate can earn an associate-level certification by passing the CIW Web Security Associate exam (1D0-571). Candidates can then provide proof of additional certifications earned from other organisations to be awarded the specialist or professional level CIW certifications.
CIW Web Security Specialist: The CIW Web Security Associate + 1 third party exam.
CIW Web Security Professional: The CIW Web Security Associate + 2 third party exams.
- Unit 1: What Is Security?
- Unit 2: Elements of Security
- Unit 3: Applied Encryption
- Unit 4: Types of Attacks
- Unit 5: Recent Networking Vulnerability Considerations
- Unit 6: General Security Principles
- Unit 7: Protocol Layers and Security
- Unit 8: Securing Resources
- Unit 9: Firewalls and Virtual Private Networks
- Unit 10: Levels of Firewall Protection
- Unit 11: Detecting and Distracting Hackers
- Unit 12: Incident Response
- Exercises, Quizzes and Flashcards
Each lesson comes with Exercises, Flashcards & Quizzes. There is no limit to the number of times learners can attempt these. Exercises come with detailed remediation, which ensures that learners are confident on the topic before proceeding. Flashcards help master the key concepts while the Glossary defines the key terms. There are over 800 unique questions including pre-assessment, quizzes, exercises, and post assessment.
- Videos and How To:
The course includes videos to help understand concepts. It also includes How Tos that help learners in accomplishing certain tasks.
- Practice Tests
The CIW Practice tests are full length tests that closely follow the exam objectives and are designed to simulate real exam conditions. Each course has a number of test sets consisting of hundreds of items to ensure that learners are prepared for the certification exam.
Practic Test Features:
- Full Remediation: Each question comes with detailed remediation explaining not only why an answer option is correct, but also why it is incorrect.
- Unlimited Practice: Each test can be taken an unlimited number of times until the learner feels they are prepared. Learners can review the test and read detailed remediation. Detailed test history is also available.
- Learn, Test and Review Mode: Each test set comes with learn, test and review modes. In learn mode, learners will attempt a question and will get immediate feedback and complete remediation as they move on to the next question. In test mode, learners can take a timed test simulating the actual exam conditions. In review mode, learners can read through one item at a time without attempting it.
Please Note – Digital Course Materials: As the Official CIW Course Materials are a digital license, we cannot offer refunds once the access code has been issued to students. We advise students access a Free Trial of the course content from our Online Portal prior to purchase to make sure you are happy with the format and course content. Extensions for the online content can be purchased if you need to extend your studies. We will email students prior to their access expiring to see if they require a 3 or 6 month extension.
Live Labs gives access to a real computer equipment, networked together and conveniently accessible over the internet. The Live Labs have equipment such as a computer, server, switch or router in it so that a user is free to configure.
The benefits of live-labs are:
- Exam based practical tasks
- Real equipment, absolutely no simulations
- Access to the latest industry technologies
- Available anytime, anywhere on any device
- Break and Reset functionality
- No hardware costs
PSI Testing is a remote video proctoring service and allows you to take CIW exams from the comfort of your own home or office. The system requires an active webcam and stable high speed Internet connection. A live proctor will visually monitor the student and the exam during the entire testing session, so there is no need to attned an exam centre.
Students should possess Internet and networking knowledge equivalent to what is presented in the CIW Web Foundations series courses. Web Security Associate builds upon this foundational knowledge to give students the skills and knowledge to manage and protect the security of online data, from a single computer to an entire corporate network.
You can register at any time and have 12 months to complete the course. The course is designed as a self-study course, but if you have any problems you can email our support email service. As the course is self-study you can complete in as little or as long a time as you prefer.
Extensions are available for students who don’t complete the course within the 12-month license at £90.00 for 3 months or £200.00 for 12 months.
On Completion of this curriculum, you can apply for the CIW Web Security Associate 1D0-571 Examination. The exam consists of 62 multiple choice/multiple answer questions over 90 minutes and the passing score is 76%.
CIW exams are completed via the PSI Remote testing system or through Pearson Vue testing centres.