The CompTIA A+ Certification Online Course covers the latest 220-1001 & 220-1002 examination syllabus. CompTIA A+ Certification and is an ideal starting point for a career in IT as it covers the maintenance of PCs, mobile devices, laptops, operating systems and printers, validates an understanding of common hardware and software technologies, and is an industry standard certification for entry-level IT Technicians.
This course can help you gain the skills and knowledge necessary to perform tasks on personal computers hardware and operating systems such as installation, PC building, system upgrades, repair, system configuration, troubleshooting, problem diagnosis, and preventative maintenance.
The A+ Certification Online Course can benefit those preparing for the CompTIA A+ Exams, but is also useful for those whose job duties include Technical Support Specialist, Field Service Technician, IT Support Technician and IT Support Administrator.
About CompTIA A+ Certification
CompTIA A+ ensures an IT professional has the knowledge and skills to:
- Demonstrate baseline security skills for IT support professionals
- Configure device operating systems, including Windows, Mac, Linux, Chrome OS, Android and iOS and administer client-based as well as cloud-based (SaaS) software
- Troubleshoot and problem solve core service and support challenges while applying best practices for documentation, change management, and scripting
- Support basic IT infrastructure and networking
- Configure and support PC, mobile and IoT device hardware
- Implement basic data backup and recovery methods and apply data storage and management best practices
This course is delivered through an online course portal and will give students 12 months access to their materials. The course includes interactive activities that to keep the student engaged, and each lesson includes Flash Cards, a short quiz and exercises to confirm your understanding of the subject. When returning to your studies you to return to the last point or to the furthest point you have read.
The CompTIA A+ Certification Course includes 90+ pre-assessment questions, 216 quizzes, 90+ post assessment questions and 102+ videos.
We recommend that students register for and access a free trial of this course prior to enrolment.
Please Note: As this is a digital edition of the course, refunds cannot be issued once the access code has been issued. The free trial will give you access to the first lesson of the course materials so you can make sure the materials are suitable.
Free Trial Instructions:
- Follow the above link.
- Click on the Chapters and Lessons link.
- Click on the “Sign Up” link and create an account.
- You will receive an email to authorise your sign-up and once authorised simply follow the above link again and access the first lesson through the Chapters and Lessons link.
- Unit 1: Troubleshooting
- Unit 2: The Open Systems Interconnection Specifications
- Unit 3: Computer Power Supplies
- Unit 4: Memory
- Unit 5: Computer Expansion
- Unit 6: Physical Storage
- Unit 7: Input-Output Devices
- Unit 8: Display Devices
- Unit 9: Operating Systems
- Unit 10: Windows Management
- Unit 11: Network Basics
- Unit 12: Network Cables and Connectors
- Unit 13: Network Protocols
- Unit 14: Wireless Networking
- Unit 15: Windows Networking
- Unit 16: Virtualization and Cloud Computing
- Unit 17: Mobile Devices
- Unit 18: Security Principals
- Unit 19: Security Technologies
- Unit 20: Securing Devices and Data
- Unit 21: SOHO Network Configuration
- Unit 22: Printers and Multi-Function Print Devices
- Unit 23: Custom Computers
- Unit 24: Operational Procedures
The course includes the following additional content:
The pre-assessment is designed as a guide to assess the students’ knowledge of the course topics before they begin the course. The results will help them to understand what you need to learn and after going through the course contents they will be able to score higher on this and the other practice tests in the course.
Prepare for your exam with this simulated test environment. Each practice test comes with learn, test and review modes. In learn mode, learners will attempt a question and will get immediate feedback as they move on to the next question. In test mode, learners can take a timed test simulating the actual exam conditions. In review mode, learners can read through one item at a time without attempting it.
This is final indicator to gauge a student’s readiness, and should be attempted after all of the exercises and practice tests have been completed.
Official MeasureUp practice test software is included with the course materials which gives students 365 days access to over 400 Questions and Robust Explanations. MeasureUp offer quality test content so that you will be prepared for your exams. All objectives of the exam are covered in depth so students are ready for any question. The practice tests are written by industry experts in this subject area.
Please Note: The MeasureUp practice exam requires the use of Chrome as your browser in order to study with the simulation type questions and is not compatible with mobile devices.
Online Live Labs can be purchased for £165.00 as an additional item when ordering from our website. The live labs are available for 12 months and give you access to real computer equipment, networked together and conveniently accessible over the internet using virtualization. A Live Lab has equipment such as computers, servers, switches or routers, that a user is free to configure.
The benefits of live-labs are:
- Exam based practical tasks
- Real equipment, absolutely no simulations
- Access to the latest industry technologies
- Available anytime, anywhere on any device
- Break and Reset functionality
- No hardware costs
Before taking this course, you should have user-level skills and knowledge of personal computers and a good working knowledge of the windows operating system. CompTIA recommends that students have 6 to 12 months experience in the IT support industry although is not essential.
You can register at any time and have 12 months to complete the course. The course is designed as a self-study course, but if you have any problems you can email our support email service. As the course is self-study you can complete in as little or as long a time as you prefer.
Extensions are available for students who don’t complete the course within the 12-month license at £90.00 for 3 months or £200.00 for 12 months.
Assessment is in the form of the CompTIA A+ Certification 220-1001 and 220-1002 examinations. Each examinations has 90 questions over a 90 minute period. The questions are set in a multiple choice (single and multiple response), drag and drop and performance-based format. The Exams are graded on a scale of 100 – 900, with the 220-1001 exam having a minimum passing score of 675 and the 220-1002 exam having a minimum passing score of 700.
Performance-based questions test your ability to solve problems in a simulated environment. Further Information on PBQs can be found on the CompTIA Website.
On completion of the A+ course, you can apply for the CompTIA A+ 220-1001 and 220-1002 Examinations.
Examinations must be sat at a registered Pearson VUE testing centre and are currently £130.00 + VAT each.
You can find or register for your nearest exam centres by selecting the Test Takers option from the Pearson Vue Website.