The CompTIA Server+ SK0-004 Online Course is designed to cover the latest CompTIA Server+ Certification content, and will allow you to gain the technical knowledge and skills required to build, maintain, troubleshoot and support server hardware and software technologies. CompTIA Server+ certification is an industry recognized vendor neutral credential and is designed to validate your skills in commonly used server and storage systems in IT industries.
This home study course is designed to give students advanced-level technical competency of server issues and technology, including server architecture, administration, storage, security, networking, troubleshooting, and disaster recovery.
CompTIA Server+ ensures an IT professional has the knowledge and skills to::
- Build, maintain, troubleshoot, secure and support server hardware and software technologies, including virtualization
- Identify environmental issues
- Understand and comply with disaster recovery and general security procedures
- Be familiar with industry terminology and concepts
- Understand server roles and their interaction in a dynamic computing environment
This course is delivered through an online course portal and will give students 12 months access to their materials. The course includes interactive activities that to keep the student engaged, and each lesson includes Flash Cards, a short quiz and exercises to confirm your understanding of the subject. When returning to your studies you to return to the last point or to the furthest point you have read.
The CompTIA Server+ Course includes 40+ pre-assessment questions, 86 quizzes, and 100+ post assessment questions.
We recommend that students register for and access a free trial of this course prior to enrolment.
Please Note: As this is a digital edition of the course, refunds cannot be issued once the access code has been issued. The free trial will give you access to the first lesson of the course materials so you can make sure the materials are suitable.
Free Trial Instructions:
- Follow the above link.
- Click on the Chapters and Lessons link.
- Click on the “Sign Up” link and create an account.
- You will receive an email to authorise your sign-up and once authorised simply follow the above link again and access the first lesson through the Chapters and Lessons link.
- Unit 1: Server Hardware
- Unit 2: Installing and Configuring Servers
- Unit 3: Server Maintenance
- Unit 4: Storage Technologies
- Unit 5: Identifying Capacity and Fault Tolerance Requirements
- Unit 6: Securing the Server
- Unit 7: Securing Server Data and Network Access
- Unit 8: Networking
- Unit 9: Disaster Recovery
- Unit 10: Troubleshooting Hardware and Software Issues
- Unit 11: Troubleshooting Connectivity Issues
- Unit 12: Troubleshooting Storage Issues
- Unit 13: Appendix A
The course includes the following additional content:
The pre-assessment is designed as a guide to assess the students’ knowledge of the course topics before they begin the course. The results will help them to understand what you need to learn and after going through the course contents they will be able to score higher on this and the other practice tests in the course.
Prepare for your exam with this simulated test environment. Each practice test comes with learn, test and review modes. In learn mode, learners will attempt a question and will get immediate feedback as they move on to the next question. In test mode, learners can take a timed test simulating the actual exam conditions. In review mode, learners can read through one item at a time without attempting it.
This is final indicator to gauge a student’s readiness, and should be attempted after all of the exercises and practice tests have been completed.
Online Live Labs can be purchased for £120.00 as an additional item when ordering from our website. The live labs are available for 12 months and give you access to real computer equipment, networked together and conveniently accessible over the internet using virtualization. A Live Lab has equipment such as computers, servers, switches or routers, that a user is free to configure.
The benefits of live-labs are:
- Exam based practical tasks
- Real equipment, absolutely no simulations
- Access to the latest industry technologies
- Available anytime, anywhere on any device
- Break and Reset functionality
- No hardware costs
While there are no official prerequisites for the SK0-004 exam, CompTIA recommend candidates have completed the A+ syllabus and have a minimum of 18 to 24 months of IT experience.
You can register at any time and have 12 months to complete the course. The course is designed as a self-study course, but if you have any problems you can email our support email service. As the course is self-study you can complete in as little or as long a time as you prefer.
Extensions are available for students who don’t complete the course within the 12-month license at £90.00 for 3 months or £200.00 for 12 months.
Assessment is from the CompTIA Server+ Certification SK0-004 Examination. The Examination has a maximum of 100 questions in a multiple choice and performance-based questions over a 90 minute period. The Exam is graded on a scale of 100 – 900 with a minimum passing score of 750.
On completion of the Server+ Online Course you can apply for the CompTIA Server+ SK0-004 Examination.
Examinations must be sat at a registered Pearson VUE testing centre and are currently £189.00 + VAT each.
You can find or register for your nearest exam centres by selecting the Test Takers option from the Pearson Vue Website.