The Introduction to Self-Employment Home Study Course provide students with an introductory knowledge and understanding of self-employment and requirements for success.
The course is designed for students wishing to consider self-employment or further study in the area of self-employment and provides progression routes to a number of higher level courses. No prior knowledge is required.
The programme covers a range of self-employment issues:-
- Personal characteristics for self employment
- Potential barriers to self-employment
- Communication and team working
- Decision making
- Time management
- Explain the business idea
- Present the business idea
- Examine strengths and weaknesses
- Identify the product / service
- Identify potential customers
- Decide type of ownership
- Prepare advertising material
- Consider sources of finance
- Financial evaluation
- Start-up cost
- Methods of payment
- Income Tax
- National Insurance
- Health & Safety
There are no particular entry requirements.
Students may register at any time and have a full year to complete their studies. The home study courses will take approximately 40 hours of study to complete.
Once you have enrolled, you will have access to your own personal tutor by mail or email. You will receive full tutor support for a 12 month period.
This home study course is designed for personal development and is not externally accredited. Students who successfully complete the series of assignments will receive a Distance Learning certificate of completion.